As we close off the first quarter of 2021 and head into the sprint before June, it is good to take stock of how you are feeling physically, emotionally and mentally.
If you, like most of the global village, are at the mercy of many COVID-19 protocols, it is safe to assume that you are carrying around more anxiety than usual. Here are the telltale signs that you may be more stressed or anxious than you may be aware of.
- Acne or uncommon skin breakouts
- Chronic pain especially in your shoulder and neck area
- Insomnia or trouble sleeping through
- Increased or decreased appetite
- Digestive issues
- Fatigue and general tiredness
If this sounds like some of the things you are going through, we are here to help you with a few practical tips and tricks that we found helpful.
- Identify your stress triggers
- This is important to recognize and understand so you can aid yourself with the appropriate response.
- This is not a sing-song request for you to meditate but rather a short burst of 5 - 10 minutes where you can visualize yourself in a less stressful frame of mind. Try to hold an image of yourself in the happiest moment of your life. This could be you as a picture of a child or a more recent visual as an adult.
- As stress is an emotionally charged response, sometimes it helps to count something. This is a quick way to bring your brain back to a neutral state.
- By applying gentle pressure to the space between your second and third knuckle (the joint at the base of your pointer and middle fingers) can create a sense of calm as it activates a nerve that loosens the area around your heart to assist with anxiety and that feeling of “butterflies”.
- Stress and anxiety is a result of not letting out frustration. Having a short burst of sound can often help alleviate the pent up or unexpressed frustration.
In addition, we understand the need for Locums and Practices to get access to professional psychological help when they need it and we at LocumBase have partnered with Syked as the best provider in our business to assist you.
We especially encourage you to take your annual leave in order to fully rest and recover for the upcoming months and let LocumBase help with all your Locum needs.
Contact us today at LocumBase or WhatsApp us on 079 013 3962.